Single-cylinder 249cc DOHC Engine
- Compact engine design is lightweight and high revving, with a broad torque curve
- Good mass centralization for superior handling
- Flat-top piston and pentroof combustion chamber deliver an 11:1 compression ratio
- Lightweight piston, piston pin and connecting rod enable higher revs for maximum power
- Aluminum cylinder features electrofusion coating, which allows a tight piston-cylinder clearance for greater horsepower and offers increased engine life thanks to superior heat transfer and lubrication retention properties
- A gear-driven engine balancer provides smooth power delivery from idle to redline
- Dual high-capacity, vertical-flow Denso radiators provide reliable and efficient engine cooling
- Radiators feature tightly packed cores and a fin design for excellent heat dispersion
- More consistent engine temperatures allow tighter engine clearances for quieter running and sustained power, while promoting longer engine life
- Cooling fan is powered by a shallow-footprint electric motor
Four Valve Cylinder Head
- Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow to boost low end torque while providing improved high-rpm breathing efficiency for more power
Revised carburetor settings
- 34mm semi-flat slide Keihin CVK carburetor delivers the optimum amount of fuel at all rpm, contributing to improved response and power, as well as good fuel economy
- A new evaporative emissions system that meets strict CARB regulations means the KLX250S is now available in California
- Quick and easy push-button starting
- Kawasaki Automatic Compression Release (KACR) automatically lifts one of the exhaust valves at cranking rpm, for reduced starting effort
- Secondary air system helps provide clean emissions
- USFS-approved spark arrester allows the KLX250S to access designated off-road public riding areas
Updated Six-speed Transmission
- Allows engine's full potential to be used
- Provides excellent acceleration as well as relaxed highway cruising
- Gear ratios amended to set 6th gear closer to 5th for improved performance
- Revised shift cam offers better feeling and allows gears to click into place with more precision
Improved Inverted Front Forks
- 43mm inverted cartridge fork offers excellent rigidity and consistent damping performance
- Reduced travel to 10.0 in. for increased straight-line stability, improved handling in corners and a lower seat height
- 16-Way compression damping adjustment allows tuning for differences in rider weight or various terrain profiles
UNI-TRAK® Rear Suspension
- All new linkage and revised damping settings reduce front-rear pitching motions
- Rear wheel travel reduced to 9.1 in, for increased straight-line stability, improved handling in corners and a lower seat height
- Progressive linkage rate provides a smooth ride and excellent bottoming resistance
- The gas-charged shock features 16-way adjustable compression and rebound damping and remote reservoir
- Lightweight, high-tensile steel for amazing rigidity
- No down tubes for lower engine placement and lower center of gravity
- Still has ample ground clearance
- New lightweight, aluminum D-section swingarm is highly rigid and reduces unsprung weight
- New KX racing-type chain adjusters allow precise adjustment to minimize drivetrain power losses
- Revised handlebar is straighter and offers a more relaxed position and effortless control
- Footpegs are positioned close to the bike's centerline
- New seat shape and stiffer urethane makes it easier to change seating position
- Aggressive new look courtesy of a new headlight and front fender design
- Two-piece radiator shrouds styled like the KX motocrossers
- Rear fender is a two-piece unit featuring a sharp tail light design that offers increased visibility and further contributes to the KLX's aggressive styling
Narrow Fuel Tank
- Narrow tank design gives riders maximum comfort and control without sacrificing capacity
- All-digital instrument console gives at-a-glance information that includes a digital bar-graph tachometer, digital speedometer, clock, and dual trip meters
Petal disc brakes
- Front and rear disc brakes offer impressive stopping performance
- Twin-piston caliper grips a 250 mm petal disc up front
- Increased rear brake control provided by a revised lever ratio, new pad material and different caliper
- 240mm rear petal disc is 20mm larger than the old model
- New 4.0mm spokes offer increased wheel rigidity for greater off-road durability
- Tires feature smaller blocks for longer tire life and increased grip on asphalt
- Engine: Four-stroke, Liquid-Cooled, DOHC, four-valve single
- Displacement: 249cc
- Bore x stroke: 72.0 x 61.2mm
- Compression ratio: 11.0:1
- Cooling: Liquid
- Carburetion: Keihin CVK34
- Ignition: Digital CDI
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final drive: Chain
- Frame: Semi-double cradle, high-tensile steel
- Rake / trail: 26.5 degrees / 4.1 in.
- Front suspension / wheel travel: 43mm Inverted Cartridge Fork with 16-Way Compression Damping Adjustment / 10.0 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: Uni-Trak® with Adjustable Preload, 16-Way Compression and Rebound Damping Adjustment / 9.1 in.
- Front tire: 80/100x21
- Rear tire: 100/100x18
- Front brake / rear brake: 250mm semi-floating petal disc with two-piston hydraulic caliper / 240mm petal disc with single-piston hydraulic caliper
- Overall length: 86.6 in.
- Overall width: 32.3 in.
- Overall Height: 47.4 in.
- Seat height: 35.0 in.
- Wheelbase: 56.3 in.
- Ground clearance: 11.2 in.
- Fuel capacity: 2.0 gal.
- Dry weight: 277.8 lbs.(280 lbs CA model)
- Color: Lime Green, Sunbeam Red
- Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24 or 36 months
- Warranty: 12 Months