The icon. Redefined.
Speed Triple. Real world performance for riders who know. The definitive streetfighter. The benchmark. The best. In a word. Legend.
Triumph has taken all that’s good about the Speed Triple and created a new model. A new chapter in the legacy. All-new chassis is the sharpest tool in the box. All-new optional ABS from Nissin for the greatest stopping power. And that 1050cc triple. Oh yes, the engine. And the look? Short. Stubby. Aggressive. Twin headlights. Single sided swingarm. Alloy bars. Pure Speed Triple. Improved.
- Engine: Liquid cooled 12-valve DOHC in-line three-cylinder 1,050cc engine. Max torque. Max pulling power. 1050cc triple delivers a punch unlike any other. More torque and greater refinement than ever.
- Frame: Design and function. All-new twin-tube over engine design is carefully sculpted to accentuate the styling while delivering class leading agility and stability in one package.
- Styling: Twin headlamps up front are a new interpretation of the classic ‘bug-eye’ look while classic Speed Triple cues remain throughout, including single-sided swingarm, twin pipes and that stubby, aggressive stance.
- Security and Safety: Coded key immobiliser comes as standard. Sophisticated ABS and tire pressure monitors are options for first time on a Speed Triple.
Engine and Transmission
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- Capacity: 1050 cc
- Bore/Stroke: 79.0 x 71.4 mm
- Fuel System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with SAI
- Exhaust: Stainless Steel 3 into 1 into 2, twin high level stainless steel pipes.
- Final Drive: X ring chain
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Gearbox: 6-speed
- Oil Capacity: 3.8 liters (1.0 US gals)
Chassis, Running Gear and Displays
- Frame: Aluminum beam twin-spar
- Swingarm: Single-sided, aluminum alloy with eccentric chain adjuster
- Front Wheel: Cast aluminum alloy multi-spoke 17 x 3.5in
- Rear Wheel: Cast aluminum alloy multi-spoke 17 x 6.0in
- Front Tire: 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire: 190/55 ZR 17
- Front Suspension: Showa 43mm upside down forks with adjustable rebound and compression damping, 120mm travel
- Rear Suspension: Showa Monoshock with adjustable preload, rebound and compression damping, 130mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes: Twin 320mm floating discs, Brembo 4-piston 4-pad radial calipers, ABS
- Rear Brakes: Single 255mm disc, Nissin single 2-piston sliding caliper, ABS
- Instrument Display/Functions: LCD multi-functional instrument pack with digital speedometer, fuel gauge, trip computer, analogue tachometer, lap timer, programmable gear change lights, service interval announcement display, TPMS ready
Dimensions and Capacities
- Length: 2086 mm (82.1 in)
- Width (handlebars): 728 mm (28.6)
- Height without mirrors: 1033 mm (40.6 in)
- Seat Height: 825 mm (32.5 in)
- Wheelbase: 1435 mm (56.5 in)
- Rake/Trail: 22.8º / 90.9 mm
- Fuel Tank Capacity / Efficiency: 17.5 liters (4.6 US gals)
- Wet Weight (ready to ride): 214 kg (471 lbs)
Performance (measured at crankshaft to 95/1/EC)
- Maximum Power: 135PS / 133bhp / 99 kW @ 9400rpm
- Maximum Torque: 111Nm / 81.9 ft.lbs @ 7750rpm
- Fuel Efficiency: 34 MPG City / 50 MPG Highway