Tiger Explorer. All-new bike. All-new excitement.
The ultimate choice for the long haul adventurer. Class-leading handling. The journey doesn’t have to end when the Tarmac does. Brand new, 1215cc engine, with shaft drive of course. A Triumph to take on the world.
- Engine: Powered by an all-new 1215cc three-cylinder engine producing a class-leading 137Ps with 121Nm of torque for effortless overtaking combined with an exciting top end growl, the Tiger Explorer sports a high-specification that will see it set a new benchmark in the adventure touring class.
- Rider aids: Electronic cruise control, traction control and switchable ABS brakes give Explorer riders peace of mind, and come as standard equipment.
- Chassis: Tough steel chassis and adjustable sturdy 46mm forks have been designed to cope with the worst that the conditions can throw at it, while 19” front wheel offers excellent on road agility and handling characteristics.
- Ergonomics: Designed to offer maximum comfort for rider and pillion, the Tiger Explorer comes with adjustable rider seat height, handlebar position and screen for day long comfort in the saddle.
- High-capacity generator: Class leading 950w generator allows the simultaneous running of multiple electrical accessories, including heated rider and pillion seats, heated grips, high power fog lights and a top box with integrated power supply for charging on the move. The bike also comes fitted with a power socket situated close to the ignition, which can be used to power a GPS unit or items of heated clothing.
- Comprehensive instrumentation: Handlebar operated instrument pack is Triumph’s most comprehensive yet. In addition to the large digital speed readout and analogue tachometer, the on-board computer displays a host of practical information including gear indicator, fuel consumption and an ambient air temperature indicator.
- Shaft drive: Low maintenance drive shaft for hassle free long distance touring.
Engine and Transmission
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, in-line three-cylinder
- Capacity: 1215 cc
- Bore/Stroke: 85 x 71.4 mm
- Fuel System: Drive by wire, fuel injection
- Exhaust: Stainless steel 3 into 1, side mounted stainless steel silencer
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Gearbox: 6-speed
- Oil Capacity: 4.0 litres (1.1 US gals)
Chassis, Running Gear and Displays
- Frame: Tubular steel trellis frame
- Swingarm: Single-sided, cast aluminum alloy with shaft drive
- Front Wheel: Cast aluminum alloy 10-spoke 19 x 2.5 in.
- Rear Wheel: Cast aluminum alloy 10-spoke 17 x 4. 0in.
- Front Tire: 110/80 R 19
- Rear Tire: 150/70 R 17
- Front Suspension: Kayaba 46mm upside down forks, 190mm travel
- Rear Suspension: Kayaba monoshock with remote oil reservoir, hydraulically adjustable preload, rebound damping adjustment, 194mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes: Twin 305mm floating discs, Nissin 4-piston calipers, Switchable ABS
- Rear Brakes: Single 282mm disc, Nissin 2-piston sliding caliper, Switchable ABS
- Instrument Display/Functions: LCD instrument pack with digital speedometer, analogue tachometer, gear position indicator, fuel gauge, range to empty, service indicator, clock, air temperature, frost warning, hazard warning lights, trip computer, Tyre pressure monitoring system
Dimensions and Capacities
- Length: 2248 mm (88.4 in.)
- Width (handlebars): 962 mm
- Height without mirrors: 1410 mm (55.5 in.)
- Seat Height: 33.1 in. - 33.9 in.
- Wheelbase: 1530 mm (60.2 in.)
- Rake/Trail: 23.9 degree/105.5 mm
- Fuel Tank Capacity / Efficiency: 20 litres (5.3 US gals)
- Wet Weight (ready to ride): 259 kg (570 lbs)
Performance (measured at crankshaft to 95/1/EC)
- Maximum Power: 137PS/135bhp/101kW @ 9300rpm
- Maximum Torque: 121Nm/89 ft.lbs @ 6400rpm
- Fuel Efficiency: 38 City / 57 Highway
Fuel Efficiency estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle conducted under ideal laboratory conditions. Actual mileage may vary based upon personal riding habits, weather, vehicle condition, and other factors.